March 23, 2011

HAIR TALK 101: Wigged OUT!

Soooo...i made a custom quick weave and/or wig for myself! WOOT!

I was not sure how it would turn out :S but quite happy with the results!! I get compliments on my hair alll the time! =)

     Items used:
  • Styrofoam head
  • weaving net
  • needle
  • thread
  • weave-i used 14" and 16"
  • scissors

Pretty much just placed the weave net on the head and started sewing...and when i got to the closure part i sewed a tiny circle but still wasn't too sure how to do the closure by sewing so i just glued it in...


I didn't do it in one sitting..so don't know exactly how long it took..heres a vid (my first one *squeal*) of me just kinda talkin bout it..


enjoy!

WHY? Well for one, I wanted to give my hair a break so figured this would be a great way too..an advantage to wigs is that you can take them on and off each day and it makes it easier to take care of your real hair underneath...for example to moisturize and seal every night... also its a great protective style, especially in this chilly winter/spring season of ours.
Also, by doing it on my own, I save money. If i didn't like it, i could only blame myself. Sometimes you go to hair stylists and you don't like the finished product, either because its not how you wanted it or how you expected it to turn out... and your stuck with it and most likely wasted money paying for it. #justsaying


p.s. IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE AND WOULD LIKE YOUR OWN..JUST HOLLA!!


..xo

No comments:

Post a Comment